Canada Learning Bond
Get up to $2,000 from the Canada Learning Bond for your child's education after high school!
What is the Canada Learning Bond?
- The Canada Learning Bond (CLB) is money the Government of Canada puts into an RESP – Registered Education Savings Plan, to help you start saving early for your child's education after high school.
You don't have to put any of your own money into an RESP to get the CLB!
- The money you could receive includes:
- $500 NOW to help you start saving early;
- an extra $100 each year up to age 15;
- an extra $25 to help cover the cost of opening an RESP.
Don’t forget about all the interest you will earn too.
- The money from the RESP, including the CLB, can be used to pay for full- or part-time studies in an apprenticeship program, a CEGEP, trade school, college or university.
Check out the Canada Learning Bond brochure, Get $500 for Your Child's Future.
Are you eligible for the Canada Learning Bond?
The Canada Learning Bond is available to:
- Children born after December 31, 2003;
- Children’s families who receive the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) also known as "family allowance" or "baby bonus".
(The NCBS is included in the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB))
Find out if you qualify for the Canada Learning Bond.
Visit the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Canada Child Tax Benefit calculator.
Don't qualify for the Canada Learning Bond? You could receive the Canada Education Savings Grant.
Find more money for your child’s education after high school.
How do I apply for the Canada Learning Bond?
Find out what you need when you apply for the CLB.
Canada Education Savings Program Service Standards
Our service pledge.