How do I apply for the Canada Learning Bond?
It’s easy to apply for the Canada Learning Bond (CLB) – here is how:
- Get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for yourself and your child.
- No fee required,
- But, you will require certain documents, such as a birth certificate,
- Open an RESP - Registered Education Savings Plan with an RESP provider that offers the Canada Learning Bond.
- Your RESP provider will apply for the Canada Learning Bond for you; and
- deposit it directly into your child's RESP account.
You don't have to put any of your own money into an RESP to get the Canada Learning Bond.
For more information on applying for the Canada Learning Bond:
- Contact 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232).
- If you use a TTY, call 1-800-926-9105.
- Or visit a Service Canada Centre near you.
Find out more about the Canada Learning Bond.
Check out the brochure on the CLB and Choosing the right RESP and share with friends and family.
Frequently Asked Questions: Canada Learning Bond
Have questions about the CLB? Check out these helpful answers.