Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan;
- are enrolled in a full-time or part-time program at a designated post-secondary institution;
- meet the criteria for students with permanent disabilities, and can provide with your loan application, proof of your disability in the form of a medical certificate, a psycho-educational assessment, or documentation proving receipt of federal or provincial disability assistance, as outlined in the Canada Student Financial Assistance Regulations (CSFAR).
- provide written confirmation that you are in need of exceptional education-related services or equipment from a person qualified to determine such need; and,
- show in writing the exact cost of the equipment and services.
- Up to $8,000 per academic year (August 1 to July 31).
- This grant is available for each year of post-secondary studies, provided you continue to meet the eligibility criteria. This includes post-secondary studies beyond the undergraduate level.
The assistance provided under this grant is determined independently of your assessed need.
How do I apply?
The application process for this grant differs in each province and territory. To make sure you meet all the application requirements, contact your province or territory’s student financial assistance office.