Grant for Part-Time Studies
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan;
- are from a low-income family as defined by the Canada Student Loans Program; and
- are enrolled part-time in a program lasting at least 12 weeks within a 15-week period at a designated post-secondary institution.
- Up to $1,200 per academic year (August 1 to July 31).
- Grant money is issued by your province or territory of permanent residence at the beginning and in the middle of the school year.
- This grant is available for each year of post-secondary studies, provided you continue to meet the eligibility criteria. This includes post-secondary studies beyond the undergraduate level.
The amount provided under this grant will not exceed your assessed need. For example, if you have an assessed need of $800, you will receive an $800 grant.
How do I apply?
Your eligibility for the grant is assessed automatically when you apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan through your province or territory of permanent residence. Visit How to Obtain Government Student Loans for information about applying for a loan.